Briggs, Inc. of Omaha
Title of Position: Showroom Sales
Kitchen & Bath by Briggs is a wholesale distributor of plumbing fixtures & supplies for kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling or new construction with two retail showrooms in the Lenexa (Kansas City), KS and Omaha, NE area. We carry a wide variety of high-quality sinks, faucets, fixtures, and accessories for creating or remodeling ones kitchen and bathrooms.
Kitchen and Bath by Briggs is a branch of Briggs, Inc. of Omaha which is a plumbing wholesaler with branches located at 9 sites in Nebraska, Iowa, and Kansas. The Company is headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. Briggs, Inc. of Omaha has been in business for over 113 years and is privately owned, principally by one family. Briggs, Inc. offers employees a competitive health insurance plan; 401(k) plan, vacation and sick leave.
We are currently looking to add a Showroom Sales position to our team. This position is paid a base salary of $35,000 a year plus commissions. Commissions may range from $20,000 to $60,000 on average per year.
This position will need to provide exceptional customer service to homeowners, builders, and designers to help them find the right products needed for their home.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prospect and generate new commercial and residential business. This position requires cold calling on accounts in the field to generate new permanent customers. Establish first and follow-up appointments with customer decisions makers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with an assigned customer base, including key accounts ensuring satisfaction and service.
- Identify leads, manage prospects and acquire new business.
- Meet or exceed the new business sales goals.
- Prepare and deliver sales proposals, presentation and follow-up with key decision makers.
- Partner and maintain vendor relationships.
- Must be able to meet weekly and monthly sales goals.
- Assist homeowners on new construction or remodel projects and recommend upgrades.
- Design kitchen & bath layouts in order to write bids and quotes.
- Greet walk-in customers. Answer and direct incoming calls.
- Respond to questions and demonstrate products to customers.
- Coordinate jobs between plumber and builder.
- Cross reference information from a customer’s take off sheet, establish costs, and publish prices.
- Decipher job specifications and crossover to stock material.
- Sell upgraded products to increase profitability.
- Call manufacturers to acquire product quotations on specific jobs.
- Assist in putting together job submittals.
- Develop showroom network connections, sales calls, attend association meetings, and follow-up on vendor leads.
- Maintain and update showroom and stay relevant on all materials and products.
- Other duties assigned by manager.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Lifting small weighted objects frequently or constantly; and 10 pound objects occasionally is required. Balancing. Stooping, crouching and kneeling. Walking. Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Reaching. Grasping objects. Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds with or without correction. Repetitive motions.
VISION REQUIREMENTS: Minimum vision required to prevent injury to oneself and others.
JOB STANDARDS: Abide by all policies, rules and regulations of Briggs Inc. including all applicable safety rules and regulations. Ability to read, write, and perform basic mathematical skills.
JOB LOCATION AND EXPOSURES: Activities occur inside. The associate is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
EQUIPMENT USED: Telephone/switchboard, computer, printer, copy machine, fax machine, and calculator.
ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENTS: Attendance on a regular, consistent basis is mandatory.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales, Interior design or related field or equivalent experience.
- 1 to 2 years of relevant experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a customer-facing sales role (business to business).
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an Outside Sales experience.
- Previous experience with plumbing and/or lighting showroom preferred.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner for customers and company.
- Possession of strong organization skills and able to multi-task.
- Prioritize and plan to use time efficiently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently and accept direction on given assignments.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks
Please email Lynn Nelson to email@example.com