ASID Missouri West / Kansas (ASID MOW / KS)
Leadership in Interior Design
Application Deadline: October 11, 2021
Submit Application and Documentation to:
Kevin Noble, Allied ASID President, ASID Missouri West / Kansas Chapter
5375 N Palmer Ave.
Kansas City, MO 64119
Introduction and Eligibility Requirements
Welcome to the ASID Missouri West / Kansas Leadership in Design Scholarship Application.
2021 marks our twelfth year of awarding scholarships to students pursuing a degree in Interior
Design. We have enhanced our program this year with the goal of encouraging and empowering students – our future emerging professionals and design leaders – to transition into becoming the new voice of our organization.
One $500 scholarship is available. The Scholarship will be awarded based on outstanding leadership and academic achievement while enrolled in an Interior Design program.
As a professional member of ASID you are eligible for immediate opportunities to be a change leader as a Committee Chairperson, as well as consideration for a voting position on the ASID MOW / KS Board of Directors.
Criteria for Scholarship Eligibility
- Current enrollment in an Interior Design Program for an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Successful completion of a minimum of one-year (30 semester hours or the equivalent) studies towards an Interior Design program
- Current Student Member of ASID
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Not a previous recipient of a student scholarship from ASID MOW / KS
Application Inclusion Requirements
- Contact Information and Academics
- Activity Involvement and Leadership Essay
- Resume and Signature
- Two letters of reference from academic, professional, or volunteer contacts
- Official College Transcripts to include Interior Design program classes completed
- Proof of current class schedule or enrollment documentation
The required letters of reference, proof of current enrollment, and official college transcripts need to each be submitted in their own sealed, and signed envelope.
You can reach out to the contact listed on the first page of this application with any questions you have while completing the application.
Completed applications will be reviewed by a scholarship committee appointed by the ASID Missouri West / Kansas Chapter President. The committee’s recommendations will be reviewed and approved by the Board of Directors of the Missouri West / Kansas Chapter of ASID. The scholarship will be announced and awarded at the Sherwin Williams Color Forecast event to be held at The Barn at Kill Creek Farm on November 4, 2021. You will be contacted in advance of this event with the outcome of your application consideration.